Teton County 4-H Judge's Checklist
Thank you for judging at the Teton County Fair.
Following is a simple checklist to help you. If you have questions, please ask a member of the Extension Office for assistance.
Smile at 4-Hers.
- Greet 4-Hers and introduce yourself.
- Be sure all exhibits in your division/class are judged.
- Assign a placing – blue, red, white. Attach stickers to the entry tag.
- Instruct 4-Her to place exhibit in an appropriate spot according to division and class. You may save potential award winners on table in center aisle to review later.
- Keep notes on outstanding exhibits as you proceed.
- When interviews conclude, you tag.
- Mark placing on the 4-Her’s entry form and send the entry sheet with the member. Please tell 4-Hers that they can collect ribbons and premiums when leaving the Pavilion.
- If time allows, write comments on the sheets provided. You may save this task to do when you have a slow time.
- When interviews conclude, you will need to pick a top winner in each class to receive a rosette. As well, you will need to pick one top winner in each division who will receive an award. You will need to consult with any other judges in the division to select a winner.
- Complete the rosette and award sheet. Confer with a member of the Extension Office with your results before you leave.
- Smile! You’ve made a difference in youth education.