4-H Fair Textile Letter
Dear 4-H Textile Members:
We have three ways for you to be involved in textile events in June:
- Textile Judging (Quilts – Presentation, Clothing – On-the-model)
- Will be held Thursday, June 20 location to be announced.
- Appointments for judging will be scheduled and sent to each registrant.
- Register for this event by June 6 by clicking the following link:
Textile Judging Registration
- The textile show judging is different from fair entry judging. Textile entries are judged on presentation, fit, style, modeling, poise and design.
- If there is a substantial scheduling conflict, and members want to compete in the textile show, they may do so by video. Registrations for video submissions must still be in by the registration deadline. Video submission is only allowed for members with scheduling conflicts. Unrehearsed questions must be answered on the video. The garment must also be submitted. For more details, contact Jane Wolery at the MSU Extension Office in Teton County.
- Any 4-H member who is enrolled in at least one textile project area can compete in any textile area during the textile show. For example, if a member is enrolled in sewing, they may still model a knit item, even though they are not enrolled in knitting. If a member is enrolled in quilting, they may still enter and model a garment, whether or not it has any quilting incorporated in the garment.
- Wednesday, June
- Registrations Due
- List of garments/quilts and interview time requested
- Textile Judging Thursday, June 20 at a location to be determined
- Bring finished scripts or work on them with Jane during event
- Fair Interview Judging
- Fair textile entries are judged on construction qualities and standards, as well as an interview.
- Registrations are due with fair entries and times are assigned by clubs. See fair book for more information.
- Fair Interview Judging Thursday, June 27 Choteau Pavilion
- Public Textile Show during Fair
- On Friday evening of the fair, we have members model/show their items with a script read for the public to enjoy and learn about how each item was constructed.
- Anyone is welcome to participate regardless of their participation in either the textile or fair judging. Members should email a script to email@example.com the Wednesday before fair week. Members meet 30 minutes prior to the public style show to get dressed and receive last minute instructions. For those showing quilts, please wear nice and appropriate clothing and shoes for being in front of the audience.
- Public Textile Show, Friday, June 28 Choteau Pavilion
- Other Resources
- Included on the website are judges’ score sheets and examples of scripts for your use. We prefer scripts/registration by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incorporate the fair theme into scripts when possible. Be creative and have fun writing the scripts.
Please contact the Extension Office, if you have any questions.
MSU Extension Teton County